A hundred year journey ….and a double anniversary…….
A tennis club was first formed in Kinburn Park in 1921 . From the outset it proved hugely popular, hosting The Scottish Hard-Court Championships from 1922 onwards for many years. However, by the late 1960s the club had collapsed, although the courts remained and were available for public use.
In 1971 a small group of tennis enthusiasts, one of whom is still an active member, decided to reform the club and entered into negotiations with Fife council. A new lease was agreed and the modern club was born, with a membership of 56 juniors, 31 seniors and 4 students. Today the club has over 230 juniors, 148 seniors and 60 student members.
Today, we have a thriving club with members ranging from five to eighty-five, which welcomes everyone from all backgrounds and abilities, offering a mixture of competitive and social tennis. We enter 9 senior teams and 10 junior teams in the various leagues run by Tennis Tayside. Within the club we run social tournaments on a Sunday afternoon and even entertain the children while their parents play, as well as organising drop-in sessions through the week in non-Covid times.
3 Lighted Astro Courts
Open exclusively to members, our astro courts were replaced in 2020, including the installation of a new substrate.
4 Lighted Hard Courts
Repainted in 2019, our hard courts are available to both members and the public.
Mini Tennis Courts
Practice Wall & Basketball Hoop
Behind courts 1-3 we have a practice wall and basketball hoop open to the public. Popular on teen tennis night!
Featuring meeting/dining space, full kitchen, changing rooms and showers.